LED Driver

User Name

Occupation
Electrician
Hey guys, so I've come across an LED wallpack that the LED driver is bad in. Its a ProPower brand and a google search finds me zero. I've asked my suppliers in the past about getting me replacement drivers for LED fixtures, whether its wallpacks or highbays, and I'm told they don't sell them and prefer just to sell me a new light. So for the last few years if a light goes bad I chuck the whole thing out and get a new one. I'm tired of that, it's a lot of screwing around sometimes, I just want to replace the driver, like we would do with a ballast.

Where do you guys recommend going to look for an equivalent driver? I believe what I'm looking for is a constant current driver, 50W output, 21-36vdc output. I can find some in different places online like Amazon or Zoro but I'm looking for something reputable/name brand that I can trust....

James L

Occupation
Electrician

User Name

Occupation
Electrician
I ordered up something very similar from Bee's Lighting. It's from Keystone Technologies, and I've used a lot of their stuff before so I'm feeling ok about. Seems kind of dumb to have to hook a device to it and program it but whatever. Hopefully it's easy.

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I ordered up something very similar from Bee's Lighting. It's from Keystone Technologies, and I've used a lot of their stuff before so I'm feeling ok about. Seems kind of dumb to have to hook a device to it and program it but whatever. Hopefully it's easy.
How are you going to know what it should be programed to? The fixture manufactures generally don't provide this information.

This is a big part of why the manufactures don't offer replacement drivers or LED modules. They can make changes to manufacturing all the time and will make the adjustment in driver programing.

User Name

Occupation
Electrician
From what I gather the only thing programmable about it is the output current. So as long as I set that for the same as my original (which is listed on the front of it) hopefully will work. Guess we'll find out. It was like $50 and worth a try for me.

User Name

Occupation
Electrician

Actually $40 was all. It's got a USB input so you can hook it to your phone and program it with their app.

Bit late to the party here, but drivers there are loads of different types you can get and they can supply all the various needs- but you need 3x to narrow it down.

Vf for the array, Current, and dimmable or not.
Meanwell makes really good ones although not as small, and oneoffs are available all over the place (open frames or bare).

If they're smart you're going to have to spend a bit more deciphering where and what needs to be replaced, like- PWM for dimming, 0-10V, or resistance /pot.
Not very helpful I know, but it's a life I used to live.