LED High Bays

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevebea

At the supply house the other day and they had a few of these Neo-Neon 80w LED High Bays sitting on a skid. Has anyone on the forum installed any similar LED High Bays? These Neo-Neon are almost $1k per unit.

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 0

dmagyar

Why LED

Why LED

Doing a quick search I found a bunch of the same style fixtures, but the most lumens output I found was <100lm/per watt. Seems like many of the high bay fluorescent fixtures available would give you similar output at alot lower cost?

Or am I missing something?

broadgage

The efficiency of most LEDs is broadly similar to the best T5 flourescents and little is to be gained by use of LEDs at present in such applications.
LEDs are improving rapidly and the situation will likely change.

Replacing incandescent with LED is well worth it, and replaceing very small flourescents is also worthwhile. The smaller flourescents can be as low as 25 lumens per watt, easily beaten by LED.
Large T5s are about 100 lumens per watt.

natfuelbill

Although a bit off topic, how does the induction technology compare?

Off topic because I am not aware of high bay induction products.

Although a bit off topic, how does the induction technology compare?

Off topic because I am not aware of high bay induction products.

Funny that you mentioned. I had the same argument with CH in their promoting the LED fixtures, they have not shown and induction comparison. They said that because of the low acceptance ration the induction fixtures will eventually be phased out. Shame. They are cheaper, longer lasting, better spectral profile. What we are witnessing here is marketing. Almost all of the mass produced LED engines come from China and the just flood the market. Induction was almost exclusively championed by Phillips and they failed to volumize it. Not to mention that when it comes to replacement of the light engine LED will be much more expensive AND be obsolete because of the light engine of the LED is constantly changing due to being able to squeeze more and more light out of the diodes.

One thing with LED's though. Since they have a much directional projection you notice considerably less light spillage into the surroundings than with any other light sources. In other words when you look at two plants from a distance the LED lit plants look much dimmer than the ones with HID, yet the llocal illumination appears even 'brighter' offers better visibility than other equivalent.

Status
Not open for further replies.