LED Retrofit for T8 fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any one have any experience with the new led lamps that you retrofit into t8 fixtures. If so do you like them and is the light output comparable. Thinking about trying them in some of our cove lighting areas

Thanks for input

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
The light level is spread out different, I did some tests in a 2x4 layin, and the LED has lower lumens a foot away from the fixture, but at four feet it was higher, light spead is different too. I don't know how this will affect your cove lighting.

Does any one have any experience with the new led lamps that you retrofit into t8 fixtures. If so do you like them and is the light output comparable. Thinking about trying them in some of our cove lighting areas

Thanks for input

I tried some with traditional LED modules and proven to be dismal failures, not from the light output standpoint but the survivability aspect. They have failed within a few months. I seem to have much better experience with SMD LED modules, supplied on a flexible, waterproof strip, they have been in service for 9+ months and going strong,no element failures. Look for SMD 3528 or SMD 5050 modules in the tube.

TNBaer

Goodness, I really dislike LED in this application. The expense is great to achieve nothing. Even if you want lower light levels you can always grab a 23 watt T8 4' lamp and a ultra-low output ballast. A single failure with LED means either a boat load of cash to replace it or a warranty hassle.

Goodness, I really dislike LED in this application. The expense is great to achieve nothing. Even if you want lower light levels you can always grab a 23 watt T8 4' lamp and a ultra-low output ballast. A single failure with LED means either a boat load of cash to replace it or a warranty hassle.

The individual LED's are usually connected in series by a group of 3 and then paralleled, so a single element failure does not take all LED's put. (In a single tube you have hundreds of elements.)

Status
Not open for further replies.