LED retrofit tubes --- Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

the blur

We are experiencing major problems with LED retrofit tubes. Mainly the Phillips HO LED tubes. They are on instant start ballast, but the ballast is not capable of lighting all 4 LED tubes. If I pull out 1 tube, the fixture will usually light.

Anyone have a solution, besides replacing every ballast, or replacing the entire fixture ??

We are losing so many man hours over this problem, we will not take on any more LED retrofits.

JFletcher

Here's a document showing ballast/bulb compatibility. If your bulbs arent compatible, I'm not sure there's much you can do that will be inexpensive/quick to fix (I suppose running 2-3 bulbs instead of 4 in every fixture is not an option here).

niloc2822

We are experiencing major problems with LED retrofit tubes. Mainly the Phillips HO LED tubes. They are on instant start ballast, but the ballast is not capable of lighting all 4 LED tubes. If I pull out 1 tube, the fixture will usually light.

Anyone have a solution, besides replacing every ballast, or replacing the entire fixture ??

We are losing so many man hours over this problem, we will not take on any more LED retrofits.
Ok so i use the lutron tubes or the max light tubes for led and they can either work with the ballast or what i do is bypass the ballast and direct wire the fixture. You can complete a light in 3 to 5 mins. You just gotta see if the bulbs are single ended or double ended to figured out what way to wire it. But its simple and you dont need the ballast for the tubes and if your doing it for the place your at to get the rebate or even just to save engery you will save more with no ballast. Hope that can help.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.