LED Sign lighting for church sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragin Cajun

Have a quick job providing sign lighting on the side of a church. The sign is ~20'W X 5'H. It's located above a canopy that's only 5" deep. Most wide floods like to be ~15' away.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

RC

raberding

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
who know how the magic of lighting pricing works??? Probably should ask your local rep/distributor/thief

Jerramundi

Occupation
Licensed Residential Electrician
Thanks. These may work. The other linear's were too cheep, garbage china junk.
Props to you for taking a stand, but you're gonna price yourself out of work.
Everything is made in China. The last Leviton spec sheet I looked at said the product was sourced from China, lol.

Last edited:

Ragin Cajun

Props to you for taking a stand, but you're gonna price yourself out of work.
Everything is made in China. The last Leviton spec sheet I looked at said the product was sourced from China, lol.
Not everything is made in china. I have several Hubbell pole lights mace in Christiansburg, Va.

Jerramundi

Occupation
Not everything is made in china. I have several Hubbell pole lights mace in Christiansburg, Va.
You are correct. Not everything. I just get frustrated with the push to buy American without the simultaneous recognition that without everyone doing it, it could effectively price you out of a job. Carry on with the critical aspects of this discussion and just ignore me, lol.

Jerramundi

Occupation
As for the critical parts of this discussion, a little bit of landscaping and landscape lighting around the sign can make all the difference.

kwired

Electron manager
The sign is 5' above a 5' deep canopy, 10' above ground.
So does that mean you are mostly limited to attaching something to either the sign itself or to the canopy? Or make something else to attach to?

How about making a overhang on top of the sign and put something linear in nature on bottom side of said overhang?

Status
Not open for further replies.