LED wall pack and parking lot lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

the blur

They built a new 7/11 in town, and I am very impressed over the LED wall packs, and lot lighting. The quality of the light is impressive. It's whiter than MH. Certaily better than HPS wall packs. You can see the many LED's within the fixture itself, but the light being put down on the pavement is wonderful.

It's been about 8 months now, and none of them have failed. It's certainly the way of the future. I'm waiting till the prices come down, and then I think they will take off.

svh19044

The 7-11s around me have had them for a couple years now, and I too have been impressed with them.

I'm not impressed with the lifespan and price though. They are rated at 35k hours, and I'm guessing the entire fixture is to be replaced at that time. A simple mh bulb change, one that lasts 25k, seems considerably more impressive And cost effective at this point.

Obviously energy savings kicks in and everything is a wash...up to the point of led fixture replacement. If I recall correctly, the parking lot LEDs are 150w which replaced their 400w metal halides.

You must live in or near Michigan. I moved down to Alabama about three years ago and when I went up for as visit i noticed that 7-11 had changed alot of there locations to LED. Very impressive lighting output. I havent seen many LED lighting used down here. As everyone else stated as soon as the price goes down I am sure we will see alot of them used.

TNBaer

The 7-11 near me has had several failures on the exterior. The interior lighting looks nice. The CRI is pretty awful. Overall, I'm far from impressed with whoever designed it.

the blur

I was recently in Vermont, and I noticed the Road Lighting is LED. It looked like 9 LED's, but it was hard to tell, as the road lighting is typically up very high. They don't throw off much light, but it was a darkish county road.

Status
Not open for further replies.