Leviton load center

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter d

I haven't seen printed documentation yet, but, if the Leviton Tech Support expert I spoke with last April is right, the vanilla Leviton AFCI breaker would actually be the second AFCI breaker that is NOT sensing ground faults.

Currently, the only publicly stated AFCI breakers without ground fault sensing are those made by GE.

And Cutler Hammer BR.

romex jockey

Occupation
electrician
I haven't seen printed documentation yet, but, if the Leviton Tech Support expert I spoke with last April is right, the vanilla Leviton AFCI breaker would actually be the second AFCI breaker that is NOT sensing ground faults.

Currently, the only publicly stated AFCI breakers without ground fault sensing are those made by GE.

I guess they've been watching how well GE sells that particular aspect.

FWIW , a N.E. leviton sales rep did the whole new panel / breaker show at a local supplier for the surrounding contingent of sparks recently

He has a loooOOOong speil on UL's testing citerior concerning their latest / greatest 'buss oriented' breakers

Not that i can (or want to) spit it out, or have any links for you Al , just a heads up the plot seems to be (yet again) thickening

~RJ~

JFletcher

The only way I can see these panels gaining traction is over home owners that want a white painted enclosure and like the look of white Breakers.

I would be pretty upset if I went to install one of these panels, found a multiwire branch circuit that needed afci or GFCI protection, and had to go back to the supply house to get another sub panel to feed it, or rip that Leviton out. I like their devices, especially the communication keystones, just not sure about this new panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.