LFMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

stev11

What is the max length for LFMC in CLASS 1 DIV.2 locations, if there is an internal internal EGC between the motor and the control panel??

stev11

What is the max length for LFMC in CLASS 1 DIV.2 locations, if there is an additional internal EGC (ground wire)between the motor and the control panel??

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
Except for the prohibition against double-locknut and locknut-bushing means of bonding, there are no other restrictions for LFMC beyond those of Article 350 in Division 2. For your particular interest see Section 350.60; read and understand the cross-references as well.

stev11

Except for the prohibition against double-locknut and locknut-bushing means of bonding, there are no other restrictions for LFMC beyond those of Article 350 in Division 2. For your particular interest see Section 350.60; read and understand the cross-references as well.

thank you.
but I read your reply in the below link, and your reply #18
http://forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=154279&page=2

?
but, how can use(install) LFMC in unlimited length without a problem with ground-fault current path ???

LFMC cannot be used in an unlimited length either with or without a bonding jumper in a hazardous location. In unclassified locations study Article 350.

s
o, do you mean that it is permitted to use LFMC with unlimited length in C1D2!!

plz I need your help with clear reply.

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
I'm not going to do your homework for you. I'm not going to do your design without a significant consulting fee.

This is a simple as I can make it if you aren't willing to do the homework:
  • You cannot use a double-locknut or locknut-bushing alone to bond anything including LFMC and Section 501.30(B) Exception.
  • No matter how you bond it, the LFMC will be in the ground-fault path to some degree.
  • IF you intend to use LFMC as the "sole" EGC in a Division 2 location, it still must be installed per Article 350 and Section 250.102 with their appropriate cross-references AND:
    • it must be less than 6' with an external bonding jumper OR
    • it must have an internal bonding jumper and length is unspecified; however Article 350 and Section 250.102 with their appropriate cross-references still apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.