Licenses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I am an electrician I been a electrician from a long time & I just move to Canada recently & I got my 309A certificate & I am planing to get my second certificate which is (Master Electrician) but I still need some time to able me take that Exam.

Main while I am looking to add more certificate can help me on my job and increase my income something like (energy management) or what else do you advice a course can be helpful.

Unprotectable

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Licensing and certification is a local matter. What you can get certified as depends partly on where you live, example
I have
Water Distribution Manager Certification - WA state only
Traffic Signal Technician - IMSA US
Control System Technician - ISA US
Master Electrician - WA state only

Thank for your reply as I am new to the country & the system I am trying to understand
how does it work over here I don't know no body over here.
it's the best way to communicate here & get good idea I am still searching on what demandable on the market if you are an electrician what else the market request more certification

Unprotectable

MasterTheNEC

CEO and President of Electrical Code Academy, Inc.
Occupation
CEO
Thank for your reply as I am new to the country & the system I am trying to understand
how does it work over here I don't know no body over here.
it's the best way to communicate here & get good idea I am still searching on what demandable on the market if you are an electrician what else the market request more certification

Unprotectable
My recommendation to you since you are new to the US is possibly consider taking the following exams or at least study for them.

1) ICC Residential Electrical Inspector Exam
2) ICC Commercial Electrical Inspector Exam
3) ICC Electrical Plans Examiner Exam

All of which are put out by the International Code Council (www.iccsafe.org)

While you may not be venturing down the path of becoming an inspector it does help boost your knowledge of the NEC while preparing for them. Also the IAEI (international association of electrical inspectors) has a great set of exams as well for one and two family electrical inspector, general electrical inspector and electrical plans examiner exams that will help grow your knowledge as well as provide some additional certifications to place in your wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.