licensing leasing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBLES

I am currently employed as Master of record for company A in Texas and Louisiana. If I quit company A and move to company B as master of record for Texas could I be Master of Record for company A in Louisiana ? Im not sure if they lease my license is it just for Texas or do they own all aspects. There is no contract on either side i could quit or they could fire at will. I woulld like to heard people in similar circumstances or any advise with something similar

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
I am currently employed as Master of record for company A in Texas and Louisiana. If I quit company A and move to company B as master of record for Texas could I be Master of Record for company A in Louisiana ? Im not sure if they lease my license is it just for Texas or do they own all aspects. There is no contract on either side i could quit or they could fire at will. I woulld like to heard people in similar circumstances or any advise with something similar

I would think you go by the rules of the state.
If you are master of record that means you are the responsible person and oversee the operations.
Don't know how you can oversee the day to day and be in different states unless its a short distance.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
If you have separate licenses for each state I do not see an inherent problem in separating them. (If there is a reciprocity agreement that actually uses the other state's license instead of recognizing it to issue you a second license, it might be different.)
But, as noted, you would have to be sure to meet the requirements of each state. Some specifically allow your license *for that state* to be used for one company or business.
And some require a formal relationship (with control) between you and the company.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.