Licensing Requirements for State of Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

randyg

I install home automation, home entertainment and home network systems in Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties. Specially we install Cat5e/6, RG6, speaker wiring and other AV/Audio cables in walls and ceilings. We subcontract out all high-voltage and alarm system work as we do not have the required licensing.

I've talked with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation with regards to licensing requirements for the work that I noted above and was told that no license is required. I've heard different stories from other individuals in the high and low voltage business. Can anyone give me a definitive answer on whether a license is required to run Cat5e/6, RG6, speaker wiring and other AV/Audio cables in walls and ceilings? If a license if required, which one?

bphgravity

You are most definitely require to be licensed. If the scope of work you plan on contracting for is for "Limited Energy Systems" only, you can obtain an ET or ES license with a 069 designator.

randyg

Limited Energy Systems ET or ES license 069

Limited Energy Systems ET or ES license 069

What's the quickest route to get this license, including education & prep for the examination. Also, is there a prerequiste of 3 year minimum limited energy work experience requirement, mandated by the State inaddition to passing the exam?

bdarnell

Occupation
Retired Engineer
Re: Limited Energy Systems ET or ES license 069

Re: Limited Energy Systems ET or ES license 069

randyg said:
What's the quickest route to get this license, including education & prep for the examination.

Having just spent the better part of 6 months getting licensed in Florida, I can say with some authority that there is NO quick route to any license in Florida.

Call Sarina Snow in Mike Holt's office. She is a fantastic resource and will get you started on the process and education requirements. I highly recommend that you take Mike's Florida prep class. They have a 95% pass rate. It's well worth it.

eblack

bdarnell said:
Having just spent the better part of 6 months getting licensed in Florida, I can say with some authority that there is NO quick route to any license in Florida.

Call Sarina Snow in Mike Holt's office. She is a fantastic resource and will get you started on the process and education requirements. I highly recommend that you take Mike's Florida prep class. They have a 95% pass rate. It's well worth it.
I am looking to open a branch office in Florida (Main office in Dallas, Texas) i currently have an State EC & and also a Voice & Data cabling contractor (Texas). I would to get a license for Florida (Low Voltage) i have no intent to open as a EC in Florida. What is a Limited Energy Systems ET or ES license 069. And how do i get in touch with Sarina Snow (Mike's Office) on the path to do it. Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.