Light bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

JdoubleU

I was asked to install recepticals on a 1inch 1/2 pipe that is suspended horzontally on the cieling. This is for lights that they will clamp on the pipe and plug in. I would like some Idea for installing these outlets on the pipe. Can anyone help me on this?

iwire

Staff member
I would use two minis on each bell box or other FS style box.

Buy the minis to fit the pipe and nut and bolt the boxes to the minis.

JdoubleU

So if I hear you guys right. On the inch and half light bar I should mount strut and use these hangers to support the conduit that feeds the outlet boxes.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
On the inch and half light bar I should mount strut and use these hangers to support the conduit that feeds the outlet boxes.
Only if you need strut. Otherwise, just use 1/2" long 1/4"x20 bolts and nuts to mount the box directly to the straps, and mount the straps to the pipe. See pic:

2B-BP-use.jpg

Imagine bolting the back of the receptacle box, like a 4" sq.,box with a receptacle cover, to the small mounting hole on top of the strap, opposite the pinch bolt.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Same straps, affixed to the end of lengths of 1/4-20 all-thread with a pair of hex nuts.

Added: If you mean the electrical conduits, the same if it is conduit, but MC would be my first choice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.