light switch in residential bathrooms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't mean to get off topic. Design is not the issue. The code is a book of rules and regs. The interpretation of one of those is the issue and I am just politely disagreeing with some others here. I am not trying to offend the way anyone interprets the code. Thanks, Tony

hurk27

Hurk27 look at210.70(2)c

I did, and I don't see where it requires a 3-way type switch.

If you follow the wording in there all you would need is a single pole switch controlled light at each Floor or landing with entry way, do we do this no, because we wouldn't be doing many jobs, but I have seen stairs wired this way, (mainly basements) where one single pole was at the top of the stairs switching a light for the stairs, and one single pole at the bottom of the stairs switching a light on the basement ceiling by the bottom of the stairs and it would be code compliant by the wording in 210.70(A)(2)(c)

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I think I solved your switch by the shower problem.

ry%3D400

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
or some nice cuts when those open bulbs shatter when the water hits them.
If I have 9' ceilings I can legally install a recessed can with open trim over the shower. Do you agree? As long as the can is over 8' from the shower threshold-- we are not talking bathtub with a shower.

Also we can have a hydromassage tub with 8' ceilings and install open trim cans over the tub as long as there is no shower involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.