Lighted Clothes Closet Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimwalker

Re: Lighted Clothes Closet Rod

I always said if they have enough green they don't need to be smart.How about a lighted toilet paper holder,now there is something we all need

electricmanscott

How about rather than automatically dismissing something new why not investigate a little bit and maybe you will find out that it is a good product. What exactly is the danger that this fixture presents.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Scott,
Originally posted by electricmanscott:
How about rather than automatically dismissing something new why not investigate a little bit and maybe you will find out that it is a good product. What exactly is the danger that this fixture presents.
I agree.

Roger

peter d

Originally posted by bigjohn67:
We just wired a house where the toilet seats were heated.
I just worked in a home where the toilet seat was plugged in. So that's what that's for. :D

It had a power flush (plug-in) too.

jimwalker

well if it does not meet conflict with nec sure go for it.If it hits into areas like 6 inches from shelf then yes we must stop and question it,and you can bet the inspector will.So did you charge enough to go thru what you will face ? Any time you cross the line of IF then charge extra because it will come back and get you in the butt

[ March 22, 2005, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: jimwalker ]

mc5w

Alledgedly the rod is hardwired. A T5 fluorescent bulb that is not high output does not have enough watt density to cause problems. Mechanical load and relamping could be a pain in certain body parts.

A few years ago I upgraded a woman's closet rod to 1 inch schedule 80 steel pipe. She had enough dresses to bend the heck out of the old rod. The schedule 80 steel pipe should last longer.

mc5w

I can see having some light emitting diode or fiber optic lights in lots of places inside of a closet. Back in the 1970s I installed a light underneath grandmother's kitchen sink. She was jumping up and down happy about it.

hurk27

I finely got a response from UL:

Subject:Your report on Outwater - Closet Rod Lighting
Dear Mr. Foster :

We have completed our investigation of the subject product in response to your request for our evaluation. The product as advertised has not been evaluated by UL for the mentioned application. Please be assured that appropriate action has been taken and reference to UL (regarding this application) has been removed.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Regards,

Carolyn W. Barnes : )
Field Reports
Goes to show ya, Always check!!!

[ May 17, 2005, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: hurk27 ]

mc5w

Outwater is a dealer, not a manufacturer. Since the market is slow around here I do not feel like calling Outwater and finding out who actually manufactures this thing.

hurk27

Outwater Plastics/Industries was founded in 1971 when Moe Kessler recognized the need for a wholesale company that could provide customers with just-in-time inventory of plastic mouldings and injection moulded parts in the required quantities
Sound's like a manufacture to me?

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Originally posted by mc5w:
Since the market is slow around here I do not feel like calling Outwater and finding out who actually manufactures this thing.
Why would that make you not want to find out who is making bogus claims?

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.