Lighting branch circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOUGPVE

I am providing power to new football field lighting, each pole will have (6) 1500watt mh fixtures. There will be a non-fused disconnect at the base of pole and each fixture will be individually fused. I need to install a 60amp 220v circuit to each pole, article 210.23(D) does not allow me to run 60amp circuit.
With each fixture being fused, can we consider this a feeder rather than a branch circuit? Appriciate any input.

mcclary's electrical

I am providing power to new football field lighting, each pole will have (6) 1500watt mh fixtures. There will be a non-fused disconnect at the base of pole and each fixture will be individually fused. I need to install a 60amp 220v circuit to each pole, article 210.23(D) does not allow me to run 60amp circuit.
With each fixture being fused, can we consider this a feeder rather than a branch circuit? Appriciate any input.

Welcome to the forum. The wire to the pole IS ACTUALLY a feeder, not a branch circuit, since the lights are individually fused.See definition of feeder. So throw 210.23 (d) out the window

DOUGPVE

The disconnects at the base of the poles is a service disconnect only, the fusing is at the fixture ballasts at the top of pole.

mcclary's electrical

The disconnects at the base of the poles is a service disconnect only, the fusing is at the fixture ballasts at the top of pole.

That makes it interesting, but I think the definition of feeder still fits your incoming conductors, since they are in between the service and the final OCPD. Each pole is a seperate structure, so each pole needs a GES. But can you clarify the installation? The 60 amp feedeer somes into a non fused disconnect, terminates, and what happens from there? Does it continue up the pole, and then is tapped?

Status
Not open for further replies.