Lighting Flicker

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdcengineer

Dave - Sounds like the Durango or Pagosa area? That is nice out that way. We're smack dab in the middle - Summit County. We don't get the same quantity of snow as Wolf Creek, but it sticks around for a while. No conduit here. BTW - the gas company brought in lines a couple of years ago. That's when this damage probably occured. The contractor dropping lines and trenching hit everything else we had, why no the lateral to make it a clean sweep. I just hope they repair in the street, and do not have to trench my yard again. It takes years to relandscape at 9,950' above sea level.

Thanks to all for the commentary. Time to go through and tab and note my new 2011 code book (came yesterday). No more 310.16? WOW! Why change a well known table section? Anyway - thx again to all

cdcengineer

A-Dave

Who's your power company - San Miguel?

We are not responsible for the lateral. XCEL owns to the meter. Whew!!

I finished the one-line on a good size solar job on a San Miguel distribution system last month (112.8kW). I was hoping to go down there for start-up, but I've been too busy.

Got any snow in town in Durango? I've never spent any time there in the winter. Is there any construction in the valley? I want to believe that things are going to pick up in the central mtn's this year. Time will tell.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
Laplata Electric is the power company, they are owned by Touchstone Energy.
San Migeul is everywhere north of me.

Yes, we have snow and the ground is frozen solid. That is why I was curious if you had to pay for the repair. Here, the power company will repair an overhead, but they will not do any work on private property underground, The meter pedestal is set at the property line and that is where they stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.