Lighting in sidewalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbsparky

I have a customer who wants us to install some LED lights into an existing sidewalk. (See website here for catalog info). Note that the sidewalk also has some thick tile over it, so we would have to cut/notch the tile, and then drill out a 1" hole thru the concrete to complete the installation.

I figure that using a small 1" core-driller would get me thru the concrete without breaking it up better than using a regular hammer drill.

He wants the lights to be within 6" of the outer edge of the walkway.

Anyone here have any experience with this stuff?

NSL_Copyrighted_Image_minidiscsidewalk.jpg

ultramegabob

Your talking about a "wet" core drill arent you? I dont think just using dry core drill bits would do a nice enough job especially on something as brittle as tile.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
I have a customer who wants us to install some LED lights into an existing sidewalk. (See website here for catalog info). Note that the sidewalk also has some thick tile over it, so we would have to cut/notch the tile, and then drill out a 1" hole thru the concrete to complete the installation.

I figure that using a small 1" core-driller would get me thru the concrete without breaking it up better than using a regular hammer drill.

He wants the lights to be within 6" of the outer edge of the walkway.

Anyone here have any experience with this stuff?

NSL_Copyrighted_Image_minidiscsidewalk.jpg

wet core drill, in the event of tile.... use a dry percussion type core drill, and
it'll break the tile..... :-(

if you core drill the right size for the lights all the way thru, you can just drop them in...
or you can drill the diameter of the cast in place form available, and epoxy those in, then
set the lights flush..... flush is best..... :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.