lighting outlet

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayjong

Jim W in Tampa said:
Good thing your not an inspector cause nec says blanks are ok
how does an inspector test the circuit? remove the plates and lick the wires?
i would never pass this installation, because you can't show me it works... i
" inspect" and i surelly can't "inspect" this installation....

celtic

mayjong said:
how does an inspector test the circuit? remove the plates and lick the wires?
i would never pass this installation, because you can't show me it works... i
" inspect" and i surelly can't "inspect" this installation....

Where does the NEC say anything actually has to "work"?

allenwayne

Oh i for one will not skip this point....... Here we get no power till after the final. The inspector goes into a room.Sees a switch and it is assumed that the switch will control a light kit or a ceiling light or a switched receptacle.Either of which is approved.

If the poco wont install a meter till after the final/meter release (as it is here)What is the AHJ going to do ????? Fail it ?????

mayjong

allenwayne said:
Oh i for one will not skip this point....... Here we get no power till after the final. The inspector goes into a room.Sees a switch and it is assumed that the switch will control a light kit or a ceiling light or a switched receptacle.Either of which is approved.

If the poco wont install a meter till after the final/meter release (as it is here)What is the AHJ going to do ????? Fail it ?????
allenwayne- look here...
http://forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=84428

tallgirl

Occupation
Controls Systems firmware engineer
allenwayne said:

How do you hot test the house before you get your meter? Or do you get final, then go back and debug the house?

(I have my ways, just curious about the rest of y'all. And besides, this thread isn't nearly long enough yet :) )

stickboy1375

IMO, it maybe just me, but no way would I leave a room without some kind of light installed, just for the safety of the HO... if nothing else... If it has a switched receptacle then so be it... but if there is a outlet in the ceiling then a keyless is getting installed if the HO does not have a fixture....

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
tallgirl said:
(I have my ways, just curious about the rest of y'all. And besides, this thread isn't nearly long enough yet :) )
I have a generator, too. Or, if there's a temp power pole on site . . .

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
sorry about " skip this "
I made a fopa my thoughts were already adrresed but I was not at the end of the thread. Thought it was a server glitch..
Tried to delet it.

But if you must know my position:
1) if there is a switched receptacle and a switch for the Fan. put the switch for the table lamp first ,then by all means tell the BO to lay off.

2) if not then the customer is a fool. Every room needs a light switch that actually turns on a light whether or not the code requires it. put in another light or a switched outlet

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Julie and Larry, since the house is still technically under construction, how much time and money are you willing to spend to make these hookups in an OSHA approved method?

Roger

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
roger said:
Julie and Larry, since the house is still technically under construction, how much time and money are you willing to spend to make these hookups in an OSHA approved method?
Before I offer an answer, would you be willing to describe such a connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.