Status
Not open for further replies.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
this is an epiphany Den?

~RJ~
Any NFPA member that wants to vote on a motion can attend a meeting. I am sure that there have been cases where other groups have mobilized their membership to vote at the annual meeting.
No change in my opinion of how the code is developed.

romex jockey

Occupation
electrician
I'm more than familiar with Roberts rules Don, in fact i've been in a position to have to moderate them

My point would be, they do not exclude bias , nor agenda

~RJ~

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
I'm more than familiar with Roberts rules Don, in fact i've been in a position to have to moderate them

My point would be, they do not exclude bias , nor agenda

~RJ~
Not sure if the NFPA uses Robert's Rules for their meetings....that gives way too much power to the person running the meeting.
Nothing that includes people will ever exclude bias or agenda as everyone has a bias and an agenda.

romex jockey

Occupation
electrician
Nothing that includes people will ever exclude bias or agenda as everyone has a bias and an agenda.
especially if they've a personal fortune at stake Don

follow the $$$, and this becomes relevant

altruism has taken a back seat to this

The consumer protectants, the NRTL's , the trade rags, along with the nema men infiltrating all the IAEI meeting with their dis information campaign, and of course all the corporate espionage that always manages to keep the manufacturers from a court docket.

So let's not be naïve about their existence and/or impact on the NEC

~RJ~

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
especially if they've a personal fortune at stake Don

follow the $$$, and this becomes relevant

altruism has taken a back seat to this

The consumer protectants, the NRTL's , the trade rags, along with the nema men infiltrating all the IAEI meeting with their dis information campaign, and of course all the corporate espionage that always manages to keep the manufacturers from a court docket.

So let's not be naïve about their existence and/or impact on the NEC

~RJ~
I am sorry but every human has bias and agenda, and your comments reflect yours.
Nothing done by humans has ever been perfect and nothing done by us ever will be perfect.

Last edited:

romex jockey

Occupation
electrician
I am sorry but every human has bias and agenda, and your comments reflect yours.
Nothing done by humans has ever been perfect and nothing done by us ever will be perfect.
pity solves very little Don, and if i've any agenda it's speaking truth to a powerful industry

Notice how the afci threads come more frequently? Not unexpected, considering their ongoing adoption....

You see, the only way that this industry continues to survive is , to obfuscate electrical theory , along with as many parrots they can gain to do so

Let me ask you something FF to FF Don , would you be offended if i gave someone an empty fire extinguisher, and told them they were safe? (fwiw, a fatality i witnessed)

If so, you should be equally offended by the afci industry

~RJ~

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
pity solves very little Don, and if i've any agenda it's speaking truth to a powerful industry

Notice how the afci threads come more frequently? Not unexpected, considering their ongoing adoption....

You see, the only way that this industry continues to survive is , to obfuscate electrical theory , along with as many parrots they can gain to do so

Let me ask you something FF to FF Don , would you be offended if i gave someone an empty fire extinguisher, and told them they were safe? (fwiw, a fatality i witnessed)

If so, you should be equally offended by the afci industry

~RJ~
I actually believe that the AFCI works.....but very very few fires originate from an arcing fault. Most originate from heat producing high resistance connections.

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
If one installs a combination afci/gfi receptacle, what would be the listed breaker combination if for example the device is leviton
Inspector's can fail the breaker per 110.2 & 110.3(B) if not listed for that panel, regardless of the branch circuit having a Leviton AF/GF, or other dual function outlet device.

Just like Home Inspectors often flag the fuse-box brand if FPE or Zinsco.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
so do many folks Don

but the NFPA should not be turning the trade into a religion

there has to be solid electrical theory for it to be otherwise.....

~RJ~
There is...it is just that they have a very limited actual use....very few dwelling unit fires originate from the type of event that an AFCI can detect.

romex jockey

Occupation
electrician
There is...it is just that they have a very limited actual use....very few dwelling unit fires originate from the type of event that an AFCI can detect.
Yes, and you've done a grand job of the statistical assessment in the past Don.

Yet one is left asking the same repetitive question(s) that are asked in the many afci threads here, as well as across the internets

HOW DO THEY WORK?

well, what real world science do we have to offer?

so far......this is all i've found>>>>

DES-012_TAB (abb.com)

DES-011_TAB (abb.com)

~RJ~

Status
Not open for further replies.