Load demand calculations, single dwelling in a multi-dwelling connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have a question regarding the load calculation methods for feeders and service cables in a situation where you have several housing units connected in the same service, see the attached image.

My question is: would it be possible to calculate the load demand for each home by the optional method of section 220.82 (B), Part IV, and then calculate the service demand load by Part III, or the standard method?

I have reviewed the examples in Annex D, and all calculations for individual dwellings located in a multi-dwelling unit are made using the standard method of Part III.

Let me clarify that the dwelling units are not concentrated in a building as in an apartment building, they are physically separated but joined on the service side.

Regards,

Hello,

Maybe my English is not so good, or my idea is not clear, my question is basically, if it is possible in a calculation of multi-dwelling, to calculate the feeder of each house using the optional method (part IV (10KVA * 100%, 40 % the remaining load), and then switch to the standard method to calculate the service conductors that feed the housing group.

I have this doubt because in the annex of code examples, there are only examples that use the standard method (part III) for the feeder of each dwelling, in calculations of multiple dwellings.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

david luchini

Staff member
Occupation
Engineer
Hello,

Maybe my English is not so good, or my idea is not clear, my question is basically, if it is possible in a calculation of multi-dwelling, to calculate the feeder of each house using the optional method (part IV (10KVA * 100%, 40 % the remaining load), and then switch to the standard method to calculate the service conductors that feed the housing group.

I have this doubt because in the annex of code examples, there are only examples that use the standard method (part III) for the feeder of each dwelling, in calculations of multiple dwellings.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Yes, you could use any applicable method for each of the feeder/service conductors. You could use the standard method on some of the dwelling feeders and the optional method on others if you wanted to.

Yes, you could use any applicable method for each of the feeder/service conductors. You could use the standard method on some of the dwelling feeders and the optional method on others if you wanted to.

Hi David,

Thanks for your response,

The funny thing about the code is that it does not give examples with the optional method for feeders, only the standard, i mean in multi dwelling calculation, maybe is because the calculation is pretty simple.

Again thanks for your answer,

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.