Load On Similar Building

Rock86

Occupation
Electrical Engineer / Electrician
I'm pretty sure I had seen it somewhere...

Is there a code that allows you to determine an electrical load of a building based on a data from an existing building with similar criteria?

Example... Building A has a service size of 175kW / 600A, but peak demand is recorded to be 26kW / 72A. If you build Building B and use Building A as a base design or keep the design elements very similar, can you estimate that your service size will be around 175kW, with 26kW demand load?

I am not saying this negates performing a load calculation.

I'm pretty sure I had seen it somewhere...

Is there a code that allows you to determine an electrical load of a building based on a data from an existing building with similar criteria?

Example... Building A has a service size of 175kW / 600A, but peak demand is recorded to be 26kW / 72A. If you build Building B and use Building A as a base design or keep the design elements very similar, can you estimate that your service size will be around 175kW, with 26kW demand load?

I am not saying this negates performing a load calculation.
No, there is no provision in the code for that. Of course it is possible your AHJ/inspector would accept it, but I wouldn't be real confident.