Looking for an indoor 225A/200A Main Service Panel

1qqq

Occupation
Solar Designer
Hello everyone, I am looking for recommendations for an indoor 225A/200A Main Service Panel. I'd appreciate it if anybody can give me info's about it.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
Hello everyone, I am looking for recommendations for an indoor 225A/200A Main Service Panel. I'd appreciate it if anybody can give me info's about it.
Do you mean a 200A panel with a 225A bus? Eaton CH 200A panels are built with a 225A bus.

BackCountry

Electrician
Occupation
Licensed Electrician and General Contractor
Do you mean a 200A panel with a 225A bus? Eaton CH 200A panels are built with a 225A bus.

So does square D, so does Siemens.

I like SQD homeline panels, lots of room, cheapest AFCI plug ons.

I will say though, Siemens plug on neutral AFCI’s now come in a twin breaker, and their surge protector also includes two breakers so it doesn’t waste space.

kwired

Electron manager
Most likely all 150-225 A load centers have the same bussing. But for some reason many manufacturers keep it a secret. I think Eaton is the only one that has said this in writing.
I tend to agree with you. Seems logical that they likely only make 125 amp bus and 225 amp bus and apply same thing in combination with different main breakers. If you really are uncertain you could always purchase a MLO panel and then separately purchase a main breaker to put in it. Almost all load centers (at least over 8 spaces anyway) pretty much have "convertible mains" anymore.

ggunn

Occupation
Most likely all 150-225 A load centers have the same bussing. But for some reason many manufacturers keep it a secret. I think Eaton is the only one that has said this in writing.
Eaton CH is the only one for which we got documentation in writing that 150A - 225A panels all have 225A busbars.

ggunn

Occupation
Eaton CH is the only one for which we got documentation in writing that 150A - 225A panels all have 225A busbars.
Adding: If you use that to show headroom on a panel bus, you'd best be able to prove your case to an inspector.

solarken

NABCEP PVIP
Occupation
Solar Design and Installation Professional
Check out the new Leviton residential service panels. They have 225A bus rating, documented, are cost competitive with other brands, are physically attractive enough you can install them in any room without hiding them, have the added advantage that you can wire them completely before installing the breakers, and you can install standard, AFCI, GFCI, or smart breakers in them so completely flexible. I use them in all new home builds that I put solar in.

kwired

Electron manager
Check out the new Leviton residential service panels. They have 225A bus rating, documented, are cost competitive with other brands, are physically attractive enough you can install them in any room without hiding them, have the added advantage that you can wire them completely before installing the breakers, and you can install standard, AFCI, GFCI, or smart breakers in them so completely flexible. I use them in all new home builds that I put solar in.
You don't do work for places where women will be living or have some say in such things? Most don't want to look at something like this even in a utility room, porch, even the garage in some cases, and would rather you hide it someplace that would end up not passing inspections.