Looking For Equipment Commissioning Guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmagSamurai

I am interesting in finding guidance on electrical equipment ( E.g. Switchgear, MCCs, transformers, CTs, breakers, and so on) testing done as part of commissioning. I work for a utility that has established practices that I believe are based on IEEE and/or ANSI standards, but I am looking for information on what more general industrial/commercial equipment commissioning looks like. I'm looking for gaps in our testing requirements.

I'm afraid this is a very open-ended question, but I'm hoping there are some resources available that have this information well organized.

Thanks in advance!

EmagSamurai

Thanks for the pointer!

It looks like that standard is less than 40 pages. So I'm skeptical about the level of detail included. I don't mind paying it, but I've ponied up for standards in the past only to find they were too general to be of any use. Do you happen to know how detailed this is?

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
NEC Article 708, critical operation power systems, is not a very popular article, but it has some very good INs leading to other info on maintenance

Take a look at Informative annex F & G in the 2020 NEC, they cover COPS systems, annex F is for development and implementation of functional performance tests, G is on SCADA. Also please see the INs on IEEE 3006.5-2014 recommended practice...reliability analysis,
And NFPA 70B recommended practice for electrical equipment maintenance

Please report back if any of these references are helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.