Looking for GFEP 2 Pole 60Amp br Series breakers with 30 Milliamp Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickcaylor

Hi,

We are getting an electric heated drive way installed under pavers. The heating mats come with a 10 year warranty if you follow their requirements. The company is called Warmzone. They have been excellent to work with. Very good support and training to help me and my contractor and crews.

They have supplied everything we need except for the new circuit breakers.

I need 3 - GFEP 2 Pole 60Amp br Series breakers with 30 Milliamp Trip and 1 - GFEP 2 Pole 20Amp br Series breaker with 30 Milliamp Trip.

Can any one suggest a good supplier/s that might carry these?

I have found some on Amazon, but have not been able to find the 60 AMP ones in the br series, which would mean I would have to hang a sub panel for the more industrial style of breaker. (don't know what they are called, but my electrician says the switches are a different color, while the "br" series are black.

They are very expensive as well, but if I don't use them, then Warmzone will not honor the warranty if something goes wrong with the heater mats and they are around 1,000.00 each. So thinking it may be worth the approx. 1,300.00 price.

My electrician is thinking I might be better off to not worry about the warranty and use standard breakers and save the money. However, he has never dealt with this type of a heating system. He is smart and really a super nice guy, so I am considering his thoughts in my final decision. On the other hand, the company Warmzone has been nothing but positive and great to work with and they say this is what I need to use and they are not profiting from the breakers, as they do not sell them.

Thanks in advance for any input or advise.

Rick

iwire

Staff member
My electrician is thinking I might be better off to not worry about the warranty and use standard breakers and save the money.

Tell your electrician to follow the code requirements.

426.28 Equipment Protection. Ground-fault protection of equipment shall be provided for fixed outdoor electric de-icing and snow-melting equipment, except for equipment that employs mineral-insulated, metal-sheathed cable em-bedded in a noncombustible medium.

Might want to read all of article 426 before the driveway is poured.

With that said,

I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum Rules.

This site is designed for:

• Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals

* This NEC� Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.