Looking for....

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue spark

some type of recessed flushmount ceiling fixture that would fit in 2x4 framing cavity. Extremely low profile surface mount would work as well. Any leads for me?

macmikeman

blue spark said:
some type of recessed flushmount ceiling fixture that would fit in 2x4 framing cavity. Extremely low profile surface mount would work as well. Any leads for me?

In your post I see recessed, flushmount and surface. Which one of the three main types of lighting fixtures are you asking for?

blue spark

macmikeman said:
In your post I see recessed, flushmount and surface. Which one of the three main types of lighting fixtures are you asking for?
I would consider flushmount and recessed (can) the same being that they're in the wall/ceiling. Call me crazy:D
My problem is getting a ceiling fixture in a stairway landing that's pretty low but 2x4 framing above doesn't leave me alot of options. If it was surface mount it would have to be LOW profile. Hope that helped clear the air a little.

mdshunk

You can get a frame kit to intall an ordinary troffer in a drywall or plaster ceiling. Would that suit you? Maybe a 1x2 or 1x4 troffer? I've seen some 6x6 or maybe 8x8 recessed fixtures that were real shallow that took PL lamps, but I can't think of the brands off the top of my head. Maybe Elco?

macmikeman

blue spark said:

This was your post. I don't see the word "can" in there anyplace. Recessed fixtures are different than flush fixtures. Flush fixtures by common trade slang used by the people who produce the fixtures are what we might call surface mount. Recess fixtures are..well...recessed. Try using a sconce fixture like ultramegabob says, or maybe you can get a covered 2' fluorescent strip fixture to go on the wall someplace at the top of the landing or the ceiling at the back corner.

mdshunk

Of course, they've got those "triangle" fluorescent strip fixtures that fit up in the corner where the wall meets the ceiling too.

blue spark

mdshunk said:
You can get a frame kit to intall an ordinary troffer in a drywall or plaster ceiling. Would that suit you? Maybe a 1x2 or 1x4 troffer? I've seen some 6x6 or maybe 8x8 recessed fixtures that were real shallow that took PL lamps, but I can't think of the brands off the top of my head. Maybe Elco?

Thats what I'm looking for. Thanks MD! Found one on the net this morning. Thought about sconces but due to the width of this stairway, that wouldn't fly. I needed something flush to the ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.