Looking some rough 'guidelines' when doing residential work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to the estimating game and am looking for any 'rule of thumbs' when estimating resid. work.

Do you have any standard prices like $ xxx for an additional switch/ receptacle?

Price for replacing recepts/breakers?

Jacuzzis?

Price per/foot of romex?

Underground work to power up shed?

Again, I know this is open question with many variables but if anyone can offer some insight, it would be appreciated.

bkludecke

Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Hang on, your gonna get a load on this one. We have worked up a 'unit price' (x$ for a recept, sp sw, 3way, can light, etc.) schedule for estimating new resi const, it serves as a good starting point to generate a bid and also lets the customer know how much it will cost to add things if the request is made before completion of the rough wiring. The other stuff is just a matter of how much labor & materials you think it will take plus your overhead & profit. Another companies' pricing practices may run you broke or out of work or both. Work up your own system, take your lumps and have fun gettin' rich.

frank_n

I'm using $35/ receptacle for additions, $110 for recessed lights, $150 recessed lights (old work), hot tubs are generally around $1500 but I use an estimating program. Any digging is $400 because I rent a trencher. How far I have to trench hasn't been an issue. It takes more time to pick it up and move it to the location than actually trenching. If I install a hot tub that needs trenching it is usually around $1900. I also figure about 1 hour to install a ceiling fan (not counting the box.

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.