Loose Panel cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aledrell

Ok we’ll here’s a UL listing or manufacturer again ajh question for you guys.
Replaced a panel, ajh doesn’t like that the dead front cover is a little loose and moves, yet it’s installed per seimens instructions.
My supplier emailed seimens and they said that’s normal. AJH wants an approved manufacture fix to the issue? I’ve sent the ajh the manufacturer’s response and am waiting for them to let me know if they grant me final clearance....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
Ok we’ll here’s a UL listing or manufacturer again ajh question for you guys.
Replaced a panel, ajh doesn’t like that the dead front cover is a little loose and moves, yet it’s installed per seimens instructions.
My supplier emailed seimens and they said that’s normal. AJH wants an approved manufacture fix to the issue? I’ve sent the ajh the manufacturer’s response and am waiting for them to let me know if they grant me final clearance....

Is this for a service switch gear or what type of panel?

Aledrell

Standard 200A residential grade all-in-one metered service panel. MC4040s1200sc

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
Standard 200A residential grade all-in-one metered service panel. MC4040s1200sc

Hmm residential, wow strict inspector.
Is that the nice and wide style panel?
There is a single 10-32 screw at the bottom of the dead front and two indents up top to keep it in place.

Do you have conduits coming in the side that could be pulling it slightly out of square?
Perhaps a photo would help us.

Aledrell

a2a355b3700267033089320e27df37b0.jpg

Yes bottom 10-32, top left has a fork style pronged piece to hold the dead front from moving forwards or backwards but the top right only has a screw to keep it from moving backwards...it’s a safety so you don’t push into the bus bar I think....but the top right and bottom left when pushed it teeters like a seesaw....it’s a poor design...my guys have wedge the dead from behind the top right screw many times to hold it in place but that’s not installed correctly....
It’s not a conduit issue...Seimens engineers say the breaker will hold it still but I only had 14 spaces utilized in this panel and they were towards the bottom...just dumb to think Local inspector can fail a panel on the utility companies PRE-approved list when we know he doesn’t have an engineering degree...

Status
Not open for further replies.