LOTO Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings all!

Has anyone seen a Lockout-Tagout program thats real simple?
I just need to record locks and tags and print lables for existing
company tags.

I know there is a lot of high end info out there on the web but
very little on simple programs.

Thanks
Glenn

tallgirl

Occupation
Controls Systems firmware engineer
Glenn Anderson said:
Greetings all!

Has anyone seen a Lockout-Tagout program thats real simple?
I just need to record locks and tags and print lables for existing
company tags.

I know there is a lot of high end info out there on the web but
very little on simple programs.

Thanks
Glenn

Not suggesting you become an expert with something like MySQL, but do you have access to someone at your company who's comfortable with any of the open source database programs? Do any of your co-workers have kids who are handy with a keyboard?

waldrpw

The best and most commonly used application for something like that might be Microsoft Access. It's fairly simple to learn, and very capable of doing the job. A good tutorial for someone who might be inclined to go this way can be found Here

With the right info on paper with a small pic on the end look it could be setup in access in about 20 min. A tag could be typed out and printed in 2 min and it would already be logged for your records.

If you want cheap then this would be you cheapest way.

tallgirl

Occupation
celtic said:
Wouldn't Excel or even Word do it all?

Excel might be a way to do it. I'm not an Excel expert by any stretch, tho. The only issue I can think of with Excel is that if two people are trying to look at the data at the same time, things can get messy.

If I were writing it I'd use MySQL and Apache, then have the tags generated through some kind of web page query. Key in whatever piece information it is you've got, generate a database query, etc. The details are left to the reader as an exercise.

Sadly, my employer owns my brain, or I'd whip something up and post a pointer to it here ...

tallgirl

Occupation
waldrpw said:
The best and most commonly used application for something like that might be Microsoft Access. It's fairly simple to learn, and very capable of doing the job. A good tutorial for someone who might be inclined to go this way can be found Here

Access is kinda spendy. If you're looking for something free, try OpenOffice. It includes much of what is available in Microsoft Office without getting what's in your wallet involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.