Louisiana State Electrical License

Status
Not open for further replies.

jromero0906

Hello guys and gals. First time to this forum. I had a question, maybe some of you could answer for me. I have roughly 15 years of electrical experience, and was wanting to get my contractor's license. The only problem is that I do not have the required $10,000 net worth. I currently work offshore as an Electrical Supervisor for a major oil and gas drilling company on a 6th generation drillship. Is there a way to do this without having the net worth? How do people do this if you have a house note, truck note, car note, land note, etc....? I have been doing some research and seen where you can get a surety bond to cover your net worth that you do not have. Can someone explain this to me or let me know if there is another way that I can go about doing this or if it is not possible at all!Thanks for the help...Josh

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
No equity at all left in your various properties?
The reason for the requirement is that they do not want you to fail for lack of startup capital and leave customers in the lurch.
How do you plan to cover up front costs on your first jobs? Many states limit how much of an advance you can require or accept from customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.