Low Voltage Transformer in Pool Control Subpanel

Status
Not open for further replies.

puppycrack

New User
Occupation
Homeowner
I have a Pentair EasyTouch Automation system for the pool, and it is installed on the outside of the house in a subpanel. When it was installed, I also ran 12ga direct burial wire around the pool landscaping, and from the pool, runs through underground conduit into the Panel. In the pic, the wiring is annotated w the red arrow. I was going to purchase an isolating safety transformer, likely the Intermatic PX300. This would supply between 12-14v AC power to the lights.

The PX300 comes with its own outdoor rated box. However, I don't want to install it on the wall. In the pic, where the yellow square is, is typically where the transformer for the salt generation cell would go, but I didn't go for a salt pool, so I have a big empty space in the panel. Can I remove the PC300 transformer from the its box, and install it where the yellow square is in the panel pic, screwing is into the holes in the subpanel? Would 725.136(A) prohibit me from doing this?

SubPanel: PX300 Transformer: http://www.inyopools.com/Products/02400015000949.htm

Thank you,
-pc

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum Rules.

This site is designed for:
  • Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals

* This NEC Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.
If you feel this action to be in error, feel free to contact me via PM to explain.

A reminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking report at the lower left hand corner of the post

Status
Not open for further replies.