Lutron Dimmer Diva vs Maestro vs Skylark

Status
Not open for further replies.

dylanmitchell

Occupation
Historic (Old and outdated) Home Renovation
We have several DVWCL-153PH-WHB used with Cree 40 and 60 watt A19 bulbs. All flicker and buzz at low setting. Switching down to 40 watt bulb did give us more usable dimming range. Is it worth tring a Medtro or Skylark dimmer? Swapping in new DVWCL-153PH-WHB didn't resolve issue. Also tried GE and Sylvana bulbs and ordered some Phillips bulbs to try.

tthh

Occupation
Retired Engineer
Personally I try to stick with Philips LED bulbs and Maestro dimmers for simple applications. The Maestro dimmers also have some programming options specifically to address flickering while dimmed. They have a lot of other fancy programming options like changing the fade time and such.

Knuckle Dragger

Master Electrician Electrical Contractor 01752
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
We have several DVWCL-153PH-WHB used with Cree 40 and 60 watt A19 bulbs. All flicker and buzz at low setting. Switching down to 40 watt bulb did give us more usable dimming range. Is it worth tring a Medtro or Skylark dimmer? Swapping in new DVWCL-153PH-WHB didn't resolve issue. Also tried GE and Sylvana bulbs and ordered some Phillips bulbs to try.
FWIW:
My go to dimmer is the Lutron Maestro like the soft in and off.
If the is an issue with flickering when the dimmer is supposed to be "off" (and a lamp replacement doesn't remedy) I will use the Lutron Diva or Ariadni it has a "clean off & on".
I don't really care for the look of the Skylark so much

Status
Not open for further replies.