LV setback thermostat

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Earlier this year I posted about a recommendation for a setback LV T stat. I wanted one that was easy to set back when I am gone. Most programmable T stats can be set back but the set back ends at the next program period. I got this Honeywell Smart T stat that has one button to push, adjust the temp and the temp stays there until you cancel. Its a smart T stat but I don't have connected to WI-FI. It was $100 and I got a $75 rebate from energy company. And it keeps the temp perfect with little variation

Attachments

• Honeywell T Stat.jpeg
    Honeywell T Stat.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 4

mtnelect

HVAC & Electrical Contractor
Occupation
Contractor, C10 & C20 - Semi Retired
Earlier this year I posted about a recommendation for a setback LV T stat. I wanted one that was easy to set back when I am gone. Most programmable T stats can be set back but the set back ends at the next program period. I got this Honeywell Smart T stat that has one button to push, adjust the temp and the temp stays there until you cancel. Its a smart T stat but I don't have connected to WI-FI. It was $100 and I got a $75 rebate from energy company. And it keeps the temp perfect with little variation

Or, push the "HOLD" button on most thermostats.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
I have a version of that so old that the daylight savings time date changes are fixed in the firmware ...the first Sunday in April to the last Sunday in October, not the second Sunday in March and the first Sunday in November that we use now.
I don't use the programming so that does not matter...just adjust the temperature up or down in the "permanent hold" mode.