MA Master License Requirements

sketchy

I'm finding out that the Board of Electricity doesn't like to respond to any inquiries...
How can someone from MN (myself) go about taking the master exam? Will they let me take it without holding a MA JW license first? Can I get the NH Master and immediately reciprocate? Is there an online option for the MA 150 hour course?
Based on my limited research, MA doesn't want out of towners geting licensed. I will also add that my company currently has a Master for MA, I'm want to be a back up in case something happens with him.

Eddie702

Licensed Electrician
Occupation
Electrician
Ma wants you to have a journeymen for 1 year before apply for a MA master. MA currently has reciprocity with NH for journeymen and Master but if your in MN and you can reciprocate with NH MA will not accept then reciprocating the NH license to MA because your license did not originate in NH.

Further more when you have a MA master and your going to operate a business in Ma The master has to apply for a corporate certificate and be an officer of the corporation.

All the information you need is on the MA website

Last edited:

sketchy

Is there a waiting period for reciprocity? I also find it interesting that NH is on the 2017 code and MA is on the 2023 and that MA will still recipricate.

Is there an online option for the MA 150 course? I only see in person schools listed.

Is there a waiting period for reciprocity? I also find it interesting that NH is on the 2017 code and MA is on the 2023 and that MA will still recipricate.

Is there an online option for the MA 150 course? I only see in person schools listed.
The MA license is hard to get. The 150 hr is the least of your worries. A journeyman needs 600 hours of classroom time. I'm guessing you don't have that and they won't reciprocate with a state that doesn't have that requirement.

sketchy

The MA license is hard to get. The 150 hr is the least of your worries. A journeyman needs 600 hours of classroom time. I'm guessing you don't have that and they won't reciprocate with a state that doesn't have that requirement.
I completed my union apprenticeship in 2000 which was over 600 hours. I would assume that qualifies.

I'm fine with not recipricating and taking the test. I think the missing piece for me is the MA 150.

I completed my union apprenticeship in 2000 which was over 600 hours. I would assume that qualifies.

I'm fine with not recipricating and taking the test. I think the missing piece for me is the MA 150.
Ok great. If you have 600 hours of classroom time then I'm sure that qualifies. Thing is that a high amount of classroom time which I think is not real common in many apprenticeships