Main becomes Subpanel

Status
Not open for further replies.

celtic

It doesn't have to be done with a breaker, I've got a set of double pole lugs, that plug right to the bus, just like a breaker does, and you can fit 4/0 al in them. They look like blanks when the panel cover is on. The wires are protected by the main.

Show me.......

Sub panel or Big juntion box?

Sub panel or Big juntion box?

My minds eye sees you setting a new 200 A residential service with new riser service drop ect?? If so I have fed old box's panels with new circuits needed from 200A 1 to 1. Or did I miss this??A big junction box (still accessable) color splicing less than 20 Amp addressing anything over 20 Amps ie: replacing or splicing.. You moved your service to (code) "qualify" possibly>> I think its getting out of hand her I just saw a 200 Amp single pole breaker. Got to go look at it. Hope all turns out well...Can't B true...

celtic

Will this work for you?

Yup
icon14.gif

Didn't know such an animal existed.

brian john

I can have a 200 amp panel and feed 10 --200 amp panels from the first one as long as the load is calculated properly and protected properly.

I can have a 200 amp panel and feed a 400 amp panel from the first one as long as the load is calculated properly and protected properly by a 200 amp OCP device.

hurk27

And wouldn't you have to separate the [possible] connection of the grounds and neutrals in the panel, ie. not have the neutrals grounded there?

Lets not forget that the GEC's now have to be brought to the new service disconect also, as this is where the MBJ will be;)

and if there are any 3wire range or dryer feeds they will have to be changed to 4-wire.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.