main disco

Status
Not open for further replies.

dab

i live next door to a small cottage that was remodeled by joe schmoe. he start the electrical remodel at the antiquated 2 pole fused disco. from there he ran 6-3wgnd to a sub panel. he used 50 amp fuses to protect the feeders. other violations are as follows: outside outlet that is regular duplex,not gfci.(trivial); used a plastic door in the ceiling to access the two 4-11/16 deep boxes in the attic; ran festoon lighting from the house to a tree; the house has an electric water heater, range, refrigerator. i think the whole job is irresponsible and some other things i will not repeat here. would you turn him in? he is not the owner.

iwire

Staff member
dab said:
he start the electrical remodel at the antiquated 2 pole fused disco. from there he ran 6-3wgnd to a sub panel. he used 50 amp fuses to protect the feeders.

I do not see the violation, he could roll up to 60 amp fuses.

other violations are as follows: outside outlet that is regular duplex,not gfci.(trivial)

Perhaps a GFCI device in another location, it is not required to be outside.

used a plastic door in the ceiling to access the two 4-11/16 deep boxes in the attic;

I don't see a violation.

ran festoon lighting from the house to a tree;

OK maybe a violation

the house has an electric water heater, range, refrigerator.

Meaning what?

i think the whole job is irresponsible and some other things i will not repeat here. would you turn him in? he is not the owner.

Unless what he has done is likely to kill someone I would mind my own business.

To me it does not sound that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.