Main service load caculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylelee

I gonna upgrade one of the service from 60A to 150A, but my inspector want me to do the load calculation. Currently the main service is 1200A 600V, If i just simply add all the disc rates together, the amp is about 1900A which means I need to add 90A to it. there is no main meter in this building and I am not sure is there a CT. the inspector tell me to get all tenants hydro bills for last 12 months, so i can get the peak hours power drives.(but this looks impossible for me to get all this info from all the tenant)
Is there any better way to get the load calculation
BTW I AM IN CANADA
c89878cc398ca0aba81988e68708bd0c.jpg
cbd62d4a1eb48d21ad3850d79e4a0222.jpg
39288310c8a634c61f731036ad9e54ce.jpg
ec15e9e140824d097eedbd564829e903.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L0C using Tapatalk

kwired

Electron manager
Are these POCO meters, and can the POCO possibly get you demand data?

Some cases they may still want account holder to sign something to allow them to release information on the account.

Definitely would be easier if there were a common main meter instead of having to sort through each one and determine several individual peak demands were and then see if they overlap each other or not.

Nature of usage may help narrow down when peak demands might be more likely to occur.

Eddie702

Licensed Electrician
Occupation
Electrician
The meters all have seals looks like POCO meters to me. Adding up the disconnect rating means nothing. It's either do a load calculation or get the information from the POCO, they should be able to provide that

kylelee

Are these POCO meters, and can the POCO possibly get you demand data?

Some cases they may still want account holder to sign something to allow them to release information on the account.

Definitely would be easier if there were a common main meter instead of having to sort through each one and determine several individual peak demands were and then see if they overlap each other or not.

Nature of usage may help narrow down when peak demands might be more likely to occur.
Is only the landlord can get the information from the poco? As an electrician can us get it or not?

kwired

Electron manager
Is only the landlord can get the information from the poco? As an electrician can us get it or not?

That can vary, some places they will give you load information no problem, others they may want the customer to give them permission before they will give you any information about that customer's account.

Status
Not open for further replies.