Make Sure You Make it Home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkb

I know a few people that work for other trades that worked with him and express their sadness and condolences today.

I met him a couple of times but never worked with him and would like to offer my condolences as well.

I know he will be missed, I know he will be remembered.

Tim Bridge

JohnE

My condolences as well. I had a very close friend die in a construction accident. It was 14 years ago and was terrible. It has affected many lives. My thoughts and prayers to the family.

John

electricman2

Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
My prayers too are with this mans family. In some 30 plus years I have been fortunate to have had no serious injuries. Been ?bit? a few times but then so have most of us. All of us in this trade have at one time or another compromised safety in the interest of convenience or saving time. The fact that we are posting on this forum is evidence that we lived to tell about it.

I don?t know about the rest, but at times I have gotten the impression some places I have worked that anyone who is safety minded is sometimes labeled a ?sissy? and that we are pressured either by ourselves or peers to project some sort of macho image. ?Hey, I don?t need to turn the power off, I ?m only changing a breaker?. The first electrical work I did, no one knew about OSHA and PPE was unheard of. The best thing we can do for young guys entering this business is impress on them that doing everything the safe way is the best way to ?Make sure you Make it Home?.

Status
Not open for further replies.