Manpower Scheudule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Does anyone have experience creating a manpower schedule? If so how do you go about figuring the manpower per month? I know how to figure the average manpower to complete the job within the schedule. I guess the labor hours for a specific scope of work at a specific time period is what's needed.

Thanks.

cdslotz

If you take the GC's schedule, you can calculate how many men needed for each task along the timeline. That way you can plan out how the man loading will be for the job. When you have overlapping tasks that require loading up, then you can see where the job will peak, and when to draw down men (if you get revised schedules from the GC, you can see where the GC or other subs have impacted your labor when the job falls behind and they want you to double your manpower)

THEN, you can take all of your jobs and put them on a spreadsheet with a timeline. Then you can plan your manloading for the coming months for the entire shop

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
If you take the GC's schedule, you can calculate how many men needed for each task along the timeline. That way you can plan out how the man loading will be for the job. When you have overlapping tasks that require loading up, then you can see where the job will peak, and when to draw down men (if you get revised schedules from the GC, you can see where the GC or other subs have impacted your labor when the job falls behind and they want you to double your manpower)

THEN, you can take all of your jobs and put them on a spreadsheet with a timeline. Then you can plan your manloading for the coming months for the entire shop

Thanks CD. Yeah helps to have your estimate broken out/detailed so you can easily extract hours for certain tasks, floors etc.

copper chopper

hard to do

hard to do

1st of all talking the GCs schedules is for a rough estimate only as that schedule changes sometimes weekly.I dont know how big of a job this is so this is how I do it.:blink:at the start of the project you generally need 4 people (general foreman and 3 foreman) they start working on site work temp service, hooking up job trailers, getting familar with the prints even doing the under ground stuff.Then after stud walls start going up or if its a big masonary job and walls have begun.Then you will need more help, how much depends on the size of the project.If its a good size project i like to wait till there are atleast 30 percent of the stud walls are up then I will bring in 4 more guys and every 2 weeks I will bring in 4 more guys untill all the stud walls are up and they are waiting for a rough-in inspection.Once I schedule a rough-in inspection I start to ramp back on manpower.How much depends on some factors, how fast is are the drywallers going, are the painters ready to start. Is there other work we can do while were waiting for other trades to get done.then when its time to do finish wiring (hopefully the suspended ceiling is 50 percent done) I will need just as many men as it took to do the rough-in( at its peak ) for the finish.Maybe more. There are so many factors that come into play on this its hard to determine what amount you will need and when using the schedule is only for an estimate.If your project manager forgets to release your light fixtures for delivery before going on a 2 week vacation and your waiting and extra 2 weeks for your fixtures, now you will need alot more men for atleast 2 or 3 weeks to get caught up.Or to make a dead-line.Sometimes your ready to go balls to the walls but your waiting for office cubicals to arrive or millwork from cabinet shops.Then theres the worst thing that could happen is 1 of the other trades you are waiting on, gos on strike.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
1st of all talking the GCs schedules is for a rough estimate only as that schedule changes sometimes weekly.I dont know how big of a job this is so this is how I do it.:blink:at the start of the project you generally need 4 people (general foreman and 3 foreman) they start working on site work temp service, hooking up job trailers, getting familar with the prints even doing the under ground stuff.Then after stud walls start going up or if its a big masonary job and walls have begun.Then you will need more help, how much depends on the size of the project.If its a good size project i like to wait till there are atleast 30 percent of the stud walls are up then I will bring in 4 more guys and every 2 weeks I will bring in 4 more guys untill all the stud walls are up and they are waiting for a rough-in inspection.Once I schedule a rough-in inspection I start to ramp back on manpower.How much depends on some factors, how fast is are the drywallers going, are the painters ready to start. Is there other work we can do while were waiting for other trades to get done.then when its time to do finish wiring (hopefully the suspended ceiling is 50 percent done) I will need just as many men as it took to do the rough-in( at its peak ) for the finish.Maybe more. There are so many factors that come into play on this its hard to determine what amount you will need and when using the schedule is only for an estimate.If your project manager forgets to release your light fixtures for delivery before going on a 2 week vacation and your waiting and extra 2 weeks for your fixtures, now you will need alot more men for atleast 2 or 3 weeks to get caught up.Or to make a dead-line.Sometimes your ready to go balls to the walls but your waiting for office cubicals to arrive or millwork from cabinet shops.Then theres the worst thing that could happen is 1 of the other trades you are waiting on, gos on strike.

YEAH MAN..many factors. But why 1 genral and 3 foreman to get started....what if it is a 10 man job at it's peak. No need for more than 1 foreman and not even a general. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.