Marketing??

OK Sparky 93

Occupation
Electrician
I hope my question is valid and makes sense.

When the phone rings and it is a new potential customer, do you guys care to know how they got your information?

If so do you keep track of it, so that at the end of year or some point along the way you can see what marketing efforts have the best ROI?

mtnelect

HVAC & Electrical Contractor
Occupation
Contractor, C10 & C20 - Semi Retired
Absolutely ! ... You must track your advertising dollars. I have had the best results with Google and my website.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I did that for a while but then got so busy I didn't bother. Turns out most of the calls were "word of mouth" and repeat business. I had Yellow Pages but that mostly got me on some national calling list! Haven't been on YP for a while and still get those calls!

With how things are today, you shouldn't need much, if any, marketing as there isn't enough help for all the needs.

I'm supposed to be retired but still do some work as the people tell me that can't find anyone.

PaulMmn

Occupation
EIT - Engineer in Training, Lafayette College
I did that for a while but then got so busy I didn't bother. Turns out most of the calls were "word of mouth" and repeat business. I had Yellow Pages but that mostly got me on some national calling list! Haven't been on YP for a while and still get those calls!

With how things are today, you shouldn't need much, if any, marketing as there isn't enough help for all the needs.

I'm supposed to be retired but still do some work as the people tell me that can't find anyone.
When I'm looking for a tradesman for a new trade I look to Yellow Pages or a local internet directory. Angie's list is also useful.
I read somewhere that you always need to keep some advertising dollars available for when word-of-mouth starts to taper off! Advertise when it hurts!