mass. exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistabass

psiexam does everybody that is out of state have trouble getting ok to take exam. filed in april keep getting it back because they need 600 hr. of schooling i already have lic. in r.i. gave them leeter from my state about app.& hours worked had lic. 15yrs

Buck Parrish

I am not from Mass. But have applied in several states here lately.
If you have had it for 15 years or so like me. It actually doesn't count as much.
The new computer test that every one is useing from private companies that give the test. That might mean more. I had to take mine again. Where a newbie that took the computer test. Might be acceptable and he would not have had to take it again.

Least I got you to the top.

iwire

Staff member
MA and RI do not reciprocate.

237 CMR 13.00: Eligibility Criteria for Initial Licensure

13.13: Waiver of Education and Work Experience Requirements for Applicants Licensed in a State Without Reciprocity with Massachusetts

(1) An Applicant who holds a current license issued by another state may request a waiver of the clock hours of classroom instruction and work experience requirements for the equivalent license in Massachusetts provided the applicant held his or her license for a period of not less than one year, having been actively engaged in licensed work and such license was issued by examination. The applicants education and work experience required by the other jurisdiction must be equivalent to the education and experience requirements provided in 237 CMR 13.00. Further, all of the following requirements must be met:

(a) Such request shall be made in writing at the time of application and may be granted by the Board upon review.

(b) Each such request for waiver shall include a statement certified by the Keeper of Records of the jurisdiction issuing such journeyman license that such license is current and in good standing.

(c) The Board may request additional information regarding out of state education and work experience In its discretion, the Board may determine that such education and/or experience is not substantially equivalent to the requirements in Massachusetts and may deny credit for part or all of the education and experience submitted.

(2) In no case shall an applicant for licensure receive credit for the education or experience unless such education and experience was based on the National Electrical Code then in effect or an International Electrical Code then in effect or related adopted standards acceptable to the Board.

e57

I don't know why all states don't recipicate to at least some level? I see this as excusionary practice and sanctioned by over-protective territorialists. We are one nation right? ;)

mistabass

didnt do schooling because they didn't have it had to do 3 yr apprentice then go for test. tx iwire going to send copy of that with paper work again hopfuly that should do it

Status
Not open for further replies.