masters question......

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to get my masters, not to open my own shop EVER, but I know alot of companies hiring project managers, do run multiple jobs, do estimation, and bidding, and the whole 9. What is the time required with or without holding a journeymans to get it. And what Im most concerned about, someone told me you get credit checks and criminal backround checks too. Is this true? I dont want to pay the application fee if Im going to be declined a good living wage because my credit isnt great and I got a suspended license felony years ago.

dezwitinc

FL License

FL License

Yes, you will have to supply a credt check. I think that this part can be appealed if neccessary.
When you submit your application, there is a procedure for explaining the problems.
Make sure that you have documentation to show that matters have been cleared up.
As far as the background check, there are questions that you have to answer and sign for.
There is also a procedure for explaining discrepancies, but once again make sure you have documentation to back up your appeal.

Last edited:

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Your questions are very State specific. Different jurisdictions have different rules. For example here in New Jersey there isn't even a master electricians license. New York has county licensing. Some places have no licensing at all. What you've asked may or may not be true. You would need to check with the licensing board in your jurisdiction to properly answer the questions.

quogueelectric

Talk to the investigator

Talk to the investigator

Fastrthnu350 said:
I want to get my masters, not to open my own shop EVER, but I know alot of companies hiring project managers, do run multiple jobs, do estimation, and bidding, and the whole 9. What is the time required with or without holding a journeymans to get it. And what Im most concerned about, someone told me you get credit checks and criminal backround checks too. Is this true? I dont want to pay the application fee if Im going to be declined a good living wage because my credit isnt great and I got a suspended license felony years ago.
And express your concerns he will probably tell you what will pass or fail I know people who have done exactly this and they now have thier masters.

nyerinfl

Fastr, good luck with that application, that thing is not fun to fill out. You have time though, I'm pretty sure you missed the Nov test deadline, next test is Mar 08 I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.