MC connector

TTwizted

And I know of no NM connectors listed for use with MC.

They have them.
d192fc13049657e0010317260c634964.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garbo

There is no picture where MC cable conductors exit this what appears to be a type NM ( romex ) connector . If it had a full opening there is nothing stopping anti short bushing from falling out ( even armored cable types that anti short bushings are not required always install them ). A few years ago we had a case of garbage made in India 1/2" die cast duplex MC connectors that did not have a listening on what sizes of MC cable they were listed for. We were using them for 10/2 MC cable.

Rick 0920

Occupation
Electrical Instructor
There is no picture where MC cable conductors exit this what appears to be a type NM ( romex ) connector . If it had a full opening there is nothing stopping anti short bushing from falling out ( even armored cable types that anti short bushings are not required always install them ). A few years ago we had a case of garbage made in India 1/2" die cast duplex MC connectors that did not have a listening on what sizes of MC cable they were listed for. We were using them for 10/2 MC cable.
Anti-short bushings are not required for MC cable per the NEC. I still use them (or I prefer a couple wraps of black tape) because it is a better installation.

Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I thought the ones with a “squarish” opening were dual rated, the opening was big enough for a 14/2 or 12/2 romex to pass through but small enough to catch and hold MC jacket. The completely open throat are for romex and the small circular throat where for MC. Like This