Metal Clad Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

afwagner

problem

problem

if all we have to do is wonder and try to figure why something is wrong when every thing was to code , its no wonder that the new kids comming on behind us , where we are suppose to doing our work to a code book that netther the inspectors or electricians know how to apply an interperate

millelec

As when the plumber "bumped" it with the sawzall or torch flame...

plumbers catch it from bad electrical installs as well. I bought a condo as a rental unit in my younger stupid days w/out a home inspection. went to cut out and replace some hot water baseboard, saw an arc when I touched my sawzall to the copper tubing. 118 Vac to ground on the baseboard. building had lots of issues, and the electrical system was riddled w/brutal hackery. was an education.

jaylectricity

Occupation
licensed journeyman electrician
if all we have to do is wonder and try to figure why something is wrong when every thing was to code , its no wonder that the new kids comming on behind us , where we are suppose to doing our work to a code book that netther the inspectors or electricians know how to apply an interperate

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

mtfallsmikey

plumbers catch it from bad electrical installs as well. I bought a condo as a rental unit in my younger stupid days w/out a home inspection. went to cut out and replace some hot water baseboard, saw an arc when I touched my sawzall to the copper tubing. 118 Vac to ground on the baseboard. building had lots of issues, and the electrical system was riddled w/brutal hackery. was an education.

That's why Dad would put my brother and I with other tradesmen while we were working on new houses if things were slow..(fellow geezers, remember when it took a year to build a nice custom home?). And, he made us get licensed in multiple trades.

arits74

Occupation
working owner electrician
an old electrician who i used to work under always told me a plumber was an electrician with his brain removed,LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.