Metal strapping on a PVC conduit

david

So, a Minerallac and a 1-hole strap. Technically, he's correct, but in this specific case, an elbow is not going to expand enough to overcome the flexibility of a Minerallac. Long straight runs are the main concern.
Fastened / Securely fastened / supported.
Fastened to allow movement from thermal expansion or contraction. Then adds shall be securely fastened in accordance with (A) (with in 3ft)
352.44 expansion fittings between securely mounted items

PVC conduit fastened at intervals that allow expansion securely fastened with in 3ft of securely mounted items

I do not see a violation of the hanger or the two hole strap in the OP picture

If the tightness of such a hanger or strap was said to be an issue simply do not make it that tight

CoolWill

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I had an engineer balk at mineralac straps on pvc because it contained the GEC. He said it would act as a choke. Don’t know if it was factual or not, but changed it to a one hole, which satisfied him.
You should have grabbed him in a head lock and told him that's a choke.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Thanks for that comment, I don’t usually like plastic straps either for that reason. I’ve been telling the apprentice to take his time and make things look nice but he’s still new.
I don't see that it looks that bad and the comment about it from the other poster was unnecessary.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
I don't see that it looks that bad and the comment about it from the other poster was unnecessary.
It's that "T" that makes it look like somebody grabbed everything at HD. Should have come in one side of the panel and out the other on the side or bottom. Also, was it necessary to use that large of conduit?

-Hal