Meter Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike01

meter.JPG It seems like more and more there are more meters being installed for energy monitoring / LEED / energy managenment, however the installations I have seen recently use stand alone sub-meters external to the switchboard / panelboard I was recently looking at a installation with seperate feeders in a DP each meter voltage connection for each meter was done by placing a small [#14, #12] under the same breaker lug as the feeder with an in-line fuse about 3-4 feet away and then to the meter connection. [attached is an E-Mon meter installation image], but is this legal? If I had a 400A breaker with parallel 4/0's I would not be able to install two 200A disconnect switches using one of each of the parallel feeders for two 200A feeds, simmilar just on a different scale?

brian john

No you violate the connectors listing. The voltage taps for a EMON can come from any distribution panel that is fed from the same transformer as the load being monitored. I'd bt 75% of the EMONs installed do not comply with EMONs literature or the NEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.