Meter label options

Status
Not open for further replies.

sketchy

Looking for ideas for labels that read "PV Production Meter" and "House Meter". I currently have some but my stock is running low and I'm having trouble replenishing with factory made stickers. Don't have to be UV or outdoor rated, just look good for the utility inspection. I don't want to use my label maker because they look hokey.

kwired

Electron manager
Looking for ideas for labels that read "PV Production Meter" and "House Meter". I currently have some but my stock is running low and I'm having trouble replenishing with factory made stickers. Don't have to be UV or outdoor rated, just look good for the utility inspection. I don't want to use my label maker because they look hokey.

Is it the label maker? Get one that can connect to your computer and you have a lot of options, even include graphics, and can make some pretty impressive labels. Most label makers are still better then the average person's hand writing with a sharpie. I know a handful of people though that can write better then a label maker can.

TommyO

I've been getting labels from specialtysolarsupply.com

Zee

I second both kwired and iwire.

I have a little Brother P-touch PRO XL label printer on my desk. I print all the specialty stuff , per each job, there...... on the extra strength adhesive tape i order for it.
Is it as good as the factory made stuff specially for solar? I doubt it.
Is it better than sharpies? Yes.

I also do order the phenolic (plastic or pvc) engraved placards. If i really have to.

If you keep using the same exact message on each job.......order the placards.
If you need V and A, etc changed on each job: print as above.

Status
Not open for further replies.