Meter wiring problem

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
After a discussion with the OP he is not doing any work himself so I am reopening the thread.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I'm looking at the service photo and having a hard time understanding how they got 350 kcmil conductors in the PVC. What size it that 2"? Also was the photo taken on the hottest day of the year otherwise that expansion fitting isn't doing much.

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
The odd part to me is that you supply the wire and the POCO does the termination on the line side of the meter.

In my area either we supply the wire and do the terminations, or the POCO supplies the wire and does the terminations.

If it was their wire and their terminations, if it went bad they'd be responsible for it.

As it is, if the termination goes south it's your wire and their termination.

Seems odd.

Jap>
Same around here. Overhead wires from pole to house are POCO'S from there to meter line side those wires are mine and I land them. Underground from the pole they're POCO'S to line side and they land them.

SgtBOMBULOUS

Occupation
Process Engineer
I'm looking at the service photo and having a hard time understanding how they got 350 kcmil conductors in the PVC. What size it that 2"? Also was the photo taken on the hottest day of the year otherwise that expansion fitting isn't doing much.
It's 2-1/2" CPVC. Seems like code calls for 3". The county inspector didn't complain for whatever reason.