Meterbase hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.

raider1

Staff member
How can you see that? Click on the thumb and get a larger image. Can you then enlarge that image? (yes I'm wearing my glasses)

I just clicked on the image and it was large enough to see two snake heads. One above the wire terminals and one snake coiled in the bottom of the enclosure.

Chris

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
Just the thought of removing the screws and undoing the latch, tilting the cover out and putting my fingers behind the cover to remove it....

Gives me the heebie jeebies....

By the way, the only repellant I carry is hornet spray, do you think that'd work?:D

ceb58

Just the thought of removing the screws and undoing the latch, tilting the cover out and putting my fingers behind the cover to remove it....

Gives me the heebie jeebies....

By the way, the only repellant I carry is hornet spray, do you think that'd work?:D

They're only a couple of rat snakes. Who were homeless. Waiting for a mouse.
The hornet spray would just make them mad.

Minuteman

That truck has the logo of our POCO on it. Also, the snake looks like a Pygmy Rattler. I had a JW kill one this summer on a job. Used a 1/2" bender and a sharpshooter.

480sparky

That certainly is an upgrade from this that I found several years ago::wink:

oops01.jpg

Brady Electric

Meterbase hazard

When I find snakes on a job I take them home and put them in the barn.(Only black or rat snakes) I'm not crazy.
One time my wife and I were in town and some people were around a big black snake with golf clubs. She wanted it so I went up and ask if I could have it. Of course they looked at me like I was crazy but I reached down and picked it up and put it in the truck and took it home. That was a couple of years ago and its still here under the house.( No Rats)
BACK TO METER BASE
I was on a job last week where the Poco had drilled four holes at each corner of the meter base and installed locks. A housing inspector wanted us to change the old meter base out so it would be water proof.
(Thought I had seen everything) but never had seen four locks before.
Semper Fi Buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.