Mike Holts electrical exam prep book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muneepit

Muneepit
Occupation
Electrician
I am sure I am wrong but........

On page 371 in the Electrical Exam Preparation book, challengeing question #4. Since they are asking for the lighting and general-use receptacle load, would the answer be 136 Kva instead of 162 Kva? I was thinking you only apply the 125% if you are finding feeder/ service load.

I am still learning, but would like some clarification on this.

Thank you.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
You might have better luck contacting the MH staff, I don't know how many on the forum has the exam book.

Click here

Roger

Gregg Harris

Occupation
Electrical,HVAC, Technical Trainer

On page 371 in the Electrical Exam Preparation book, challengeing question #4. Since they are asking for the lighting and general-use receptacle load, would the answer be 136 Kva instead of 162 Kva? I was thinking you only apply the 125% if you are finding feeder/ service load.

Thank you.

Try posting the entire question

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector

Thank you.

The quetion from the book: What is the general lighting and general use recep load for a 30,000 sq ft bank?

The correct answer is 162 KVA.

General Lighting Load: 30000 SqFt X 3.5 VA X 1.25 = 131250 (Table 220.12)
General Use Receps: 30000 X 1 VA =30000 (220.14(K)(2) (You use this when number of receps is not known)
131250 + 30000 = 161250 VA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.