Mister Sparky don't pull permits

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgookin

Just noticed the Nexstar boys don't pull permits.... I have no clue how they don't get caught in my area. :rant:

What kind of work are you talking about?

Television filming requires constant set construction and permits are not normally required for that.

Building a new broadcast facility requires a permit.

Daja7

Just noticed the Nexstar boys don't pull permits.... I have no clue how they don't get caught in my area. :rant:

Mr. sparky is a franchise. each one owned seperatly. so their affiliation to an orginization has nothing to do with their the managements decision to pull permits or not. if one is required and they don't it is illegal. Mr. Sparky is not a Nexstar member. Nexstar is a service company orginization that helps companies and technicians in business management. It is a good orginization, just pricey. I was a member for a while but it got too expensive to maintain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hotwireinc

Mr. sparky is a franchise. each one owned seperatly. so their affiliation to an orginization has nothing to do with their the managements decision to pull permits or not. if one is required and they don't it is illegal. Mr. Sparky is not a Nexstar member. Nexstar is a service company orginization that helps companies and technicians in business management. It is a good orginization, just pricey. I was a member for a while but it got too expensive to maintain.

I have lost jobs to these guys because they will do panel replacements on a Saturday... no permit and of course no inspection. Homeowners used Sparky so they didn't have to take a weekday off work. I tried to warn the HO about the risks, but they chose the convenience over safety.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
I have lost jobs to these guys because they will do panel replacements on a Saturday... no permit and of course no inspection. Homeowners used Sparky so they didn't have to take a weekday off work. I tried to warn the HO about the risks, but they chose the convenience over safety.

If you're having a really bad day, drop a dime on the homeowner. He won't know for sure it was you and not a nosy neighbor, and you don't want that kind of customer anyway.

growler

To replace a panel doesn't aways require a permit in this area. Depends on where you are working ( which jurisdiction ).

A service upgrade or to move a panel does normally require a permit.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Funny how as an inspector, that you notice the guys with the fancy trucks or the big ads are the ones that you see the least of on jobs.:D We had one here in town that I finally met after being the electrical inspector for 20 years. After that meeting, I tend to see a lot more of him.:happyyes:

growler

To replace a panel doesn't aways require a permit in this area. Depends on where you are working ( which jurisdiction ).

In those jurisdictions you are allowed to pull the meter with no permit or swap a panel hot?

I guess there are people that change out a panel hot, I'm not one of them.

I would call the power company and get permission to remove the seal.

I admit it's getting harder to get permission to remove seals.

Status
Not open for further replies.